Name of Trek: Maidi to Nadaun (Hamirpur)
Requirement: Experience in Trekking/ Mountaineering essential.
Period: November- March Duration 5 days.
• Maidi- Rapho 3 Km.
• Trek the small village, Maidi.
• This place has a temple and nice camping ground near temple.
• Rapho- Brobaddar 3 Km.
• Trek the village.
• Brobaddar- Pirsulli 7 Km.
• Trek from temple to Nag Devta temple.
• Visit the famous temple of Nag Devta.
• There is a camping ground near the temple.
• Pirsulli- Nadaun 12 Km.
• Trek/Road to small town Nadaun.
• Nadaun is a small town from where one can go to Hamirpur, Una and Jwalaji.
• Nadaun-Jawalijee 18 Km.
• Road Temple of Mata Jawalamukhi.
• The trek is partly by road.
• Trekkers will have an opportunity to stay in villages.
• En-route study the local customs, manners, traditions, social life and culture etc.
• Camping equipment
• Nadaun used to be the headquarters of the Nadaun Jagir who was Maharaja Sansar Chand of Kangra
• He used to hold his court during summer for a number of years during his reign.
• Nadaun is also known for Blikleshwar Mahadev temple
• It is said to be have been founded by the Pandavas
• Nadaun is famous for a Gurudwara that was founded in A.D. 1929.
• It is peaceful town with a good Rest House, an Old Palace and Shiva temple.
• The Palace Building at Amtar still houses some of the paintings of that time
• Jawalajee temple provides excellent facilities for Mahaseer fishing in the Beas River
• River rafting from this place to Dehra and beautiful camping sites for anglers are an attraction to the tourists.
Other Places of interest in Hamirpur
1. Deotsidh Temple
• It is situated on the border of Bilaspur (70 Kms).
• Hamirpur (30 Kms) is well connected by roads from all sides.
• During Navratras, there is a continuous stream of visitors to receive blessings of the Babaji.
• This temple is one of the biggest revenue earning institutions of the Himachal state.
• ‘Mela’s are organized during Holi festival.
• Sunday is considered auspicious day of Babaji.
• It is located in district Hamirpur, 6 KM away from Dera parol on the bank of Kunah Khad is the place of Markandya Rishi.
• A Natural water spring is also located there.
• The fair of markanda is also famous.
• It is located on Dharamshala-Shimla road at a distance of 15 KMs. from Hamirpur towards Bilaspur.
• The place is famous for Radha Swami Satsang.
• It is one of the largest charitable hospital of the state.
4. Sujanpur Tira
• It was founded by Raja Abhay Chand, the king of ruling Katoch dynasty of Kangra.
• It was found in 1748 A.D.
• There is a tomb of Nawab Gulam Mohammed of Rampur.
• There are five old temples at Tira and Sujanpur.
• The temple is dedicated to Gauri Shankar.
• It was built during the time of Raja Sansar Chand in 1793 A.D. in the sacred memory of his mother.
• The temple of Murli Manohar and Narbadeshwar were also builit in this time in 1970 and 1823 A.D.
• Other temples of repute are the Mahadev temple, Devi and Vyasheshwar.
• Obreen’s horses grave is also located in Sujanpur.
Other Places of interest
• Sujanpur Tira
• Deotsidh Temple
• Rest Houses
Sujanpur place is suitable for adventure sports like:
• Gasota Mahadev
• Hamir Utsav (State fair)
• Holi fair of Tira Sujanpur (State fair)
• Baba Deotsidh fair
• Ghasian fair
• Awah devi fair
• Chaniary fair
• Sair fair (Ladraur)
• Baggi Mela
• Tauni Devi
• Markanda fair
Best time to visit / climate
• The best time of the Season for this trek is from June – October.
• In winter, the climate is cold but pleasant.
• Woolens are required in winter.
• During summer the temperature is hot.
• Cottons are recommended.